How to Buy a Home
1. Choose a Realtor ®
- Interview and find a Full-time, Full-service Ann Arbor Real Estate Professional.
- Don’t be afraid to ask about Qualifications.
- Discuss various Agency Relationships – Sign Agency Disclosure before disclosing confidential information.
- Establish Expectations Regarding Communication.
2. Determine your Buying Power
- Before you begin your search, interview several lenders.
- Obtain a written Pre-Approval letter for a loan.
3. Finding the Right Homes
- Communicate your wants and needs with your Ann Arbor Real Estate Professional.
- Carefully consider these three basic elements of home search:
- Property Type.
- Begin your search – Online.
- Select properties for Home Tours.
- Make your final choice.
4. Writing a Purchase Agreement
- Review comparable sales to determine an offer price.
- Sign sales documents – your Buyers Agent will submit them to Seller’s Agent for presentation to Seller.
- Deposit earnest money.
- Negotiations begin – offers must be in writing.
- Sign final accepted sales contract.
- Attorney review of final sales documents.