Barton Hills Homes for Sale and Neighborhood Guide Barton Hills, Ann Arbor
Barton Hills Ann Arbor Homes for Sale and Neighborhood Guide
Welcome to Barton Hills, Ann Arbor, MI
Barton Hills is one of the most desirable neighborhoods in all of Ann Arbor. The neighborhood’s hilly topography, premier location beside Barton Pond, large private wooded lots, and its variety of masterfully-designed architecture and landscaping make it an attractive community.
The History of Barton Hills
Barton Hills was originally developed by Detroit Edison as a residential enclave for its executives. Detroit Edison contracted the Olmstead Brothers architectural firm, designers of Central Park in New York City, to lay out the lot lines and overall design of the community. The Olmstead Brothers dutifully carried out their task to take best advantage of scenic views while maintaining privacy and a strong connection to nature. In fact, to this day, Barton Hills is home to some of the nation’s oldest and largest oak and yellowwood trees.
Homes and Lots
Lots in Barton Hills range in size from less than a half-acre to several acres. Home sizes vary as well, although the majority are spacious by present standards. Architectural styles range widely from English Tudors to contemporary and modern designs by renowned architects Herbert Johe, David Osler, and many others. You can find a map of all notable modern-style homes in Barton Hills at the website A2 Modern.
Barton Hills Deed Restrictions and Building Projects
While each property may range widely in style and size, there are deed restrictions and architectural guidelines for new construction and exterior improvement projects. The Barton Hills Maintenance Corporation, known as BHMC, administers the area’s deed restrictions and is charged with the approval of all building projects. You can find the Barton Hills Architectural Guidelines at the BHMC website.
Barton Hills Country Club
Barton Hills is also the home of the Barton Hills Country Club, designed by Donald Ross in 1917. Donald Ross also designed the Oakland Hills Country Club in nearby Bloomfield Township, as well as many other golf clubs throughout the country. Per The Detroit News, roughly 50% of Barton Hills residents belong to the country club.
The homes in Barton Hills vary in size and style. Many homes in the neighborhood feature amenities such as:
- Hardwood Flooring
- Wood-Burning and Gas Fireplaces
- Original Details
- Luxurious Kitchens and Baths
Barton Hills is zoned for Ann Arbor Public Schools, and students attend Wines Elementary, Forsythe Middle School, and Skyline High School.
We are excited to help you find your dream house. Register/Sign In on our website or give us a call at 734-747-7500 to utilize our decades of expertise and get started now.
- Woodlands of Geddes Glenn – Ann Arbor – Superior Township
- Bridgefield Estates – Ann Arbor
- Centennial Park – Saline – Pittsfield Township
- Geddes Glen – Ann Arbor – Superior Township
- Briar Hill – Ann Arbor
- Brookview Highlands – Saline
- Barton Hills – Ann Arbor
- Country French Estates – Ann Arbor – Scio Township
- Crystal Creek – Ann Arbor – Pittsfield Township
- Dhu Varren on the Park – Ann Arbor
- Allmendinger Heights – Ann Arbor
- Liberty Lofts – Ann Arbor
- Antique Forest – Canton
- Arbor Hills II – Ann Arbor – Superior Township
- Arboretum – Saline
- Boulder Ridge – Ann Arbor
- North Oaks of Ann Arbor – Ann Arbor
- Ann Arbor Community Guide
- Burns Park – Ann Arbor
- Old West Side – Ann Arbor
- Ann Arbor Hills – Ann Arbor
- Ives Woods – Ann Arbor
- Northeast Ann Arbor Community Guide
- Downtown Ann Arbor Community Guide
- Saline Community Guide
- Dexter Community Guide
- Chelsea Community Guide