Ann Arbor has been topping all sorts of lists this year from “#1 Most Desirable Small City to live and Work in for Millennials,” to “#8 in Top #100 Places to Live in 2016,” and a lot more. We think the photos below help show why:
1. Ann Arbor is home to Zingerman’s Delicatessen, one of the best deli’s in the country.
2. Where else can you live where there is a free concert EVERY week during the summer at Sonic Lunch?
Thank you @bornsmusic for the amazing afternoon. #SonicLunch #AnnArbor #borns #electriclove A photo posted by Sonic Lunch (@soniclunch) on
3. Ann Arbor is home to The Big House, America’s largest stadium.
Turned out to be a beautiful game day! #goblue #gameday #michigan #beatunlv #won A photo posted by Brittany Bolling (@brittany__michelle22) on
4. Ann Arbor is full of famous landmarks like U of M’s clocktower.
#clocktower #timetorelax #annarbor #evening #lastdayofsummer A photo posted by Ayshwarya (@aybalasub) on
5. You never know what David Zinn creature you’ll stumble upon downtown, but we can guarantee it’ll make you smile.
A new addition to our sidewalk #annarbor #davidzinn @davidzinn A photo posted by VinBar (@vinbara2) on
6. There are over 150 unique parks in Ann Arbor.
#AnnArbor #canoe #art #biketrail A photo posted by Clan Krista, Caleb & Mondo (@whereismondo) on
7. Nickles Arcade is the perfect place to do some local shopping or grab a quick cup of coffee from Comet Coffee.
Postcard from a college town. A photo posted by @notazizansari on
8. Named one of the nation’s best burgers, Frita Badito’s never disappoints.
Hungry hungry hippos go Cuban A photo posted by Esther Yoon (@estherdyoon) on
9. We’re not just about food either, Ann Arbor currently has four breweries downtown, including the newly remodeled Grizzly Peak.
To a successful road trip and my brother’s new journey! @valtharium A photo posted by Héctor Alejandro (@hector_a.jpg) on
10. Looking for unique nature? U of M’s botanical gardens has you covered.
#botanicalgardens #greenhouse #annarbor #michigan #cactus #cacti #succulents #plants A photo posted by Melissa (@mmiklos) on
11. Want to see a movie? The Michigan and State Theaters offer a movie theater experience enriched with history.
#annarbor #michigan #goblue #MYHEART #stompinggrounds A photo posted by Sean Seymour (@seanseymour_) on
12. Did we mention #AnnArbor’s art scene?
Love this. #streetart #annarbor #statestreet A photo posted by Aayushi Mehrotra (@yushi27) on
13. A must for tourists in Ann Arbor, spinning the cube is a staple of U of M traditions.
Be sure to spin the cube at @uofmichigan when you visit Ann Arbor! Thanks @matangbuyod for this photo! A photo posted by Visit Ann Arbor! (@visitannarbor) on
14. Cool statues and art can be found all over town, like in Shinola.
Another #rad piece of art. #murica #bookshelf at #shinola #shinoladetroit in #annarbormichigan #annarbor A photo posted by Josh Vo (@lifeaswevoit) on
15. #hippiehash…nothing else to say.
Just getting warmed up… #fleetwood #annarbor #visitannarbor #hippiehash A photo posted by Casey Claflin (@bosox1988) on
16. The Ann Arbor Art Fair is an award wining fair that brings roughly 500,000 people into the city from across the globe.
Out on the open road at the @annarborartfair, a staple in Ann Arbor every summer. One of the largest art fairs you’ll find anywhere. A photo posted by Aaron Cruz (@elatlboy) on
17. You can go scavenger hunting for fairy doors all over town.
Did you know Ann Arbor is home to a bunch of fairy doors?Stepping back through this tiny door at @annarborark on March 31! See you soon, Michigan! #annarborark A photo posted by Good Lovelies (@goodlovelies) on
18. We take coffee seriously with over 10 different local/unique shops to chose from downtown.
can you believe I’m on #sm for fun? @niquesquad @zackrambophoto @raffert3 #firstpost A photo posted by Keith Curry (@ktcurry23) on
19. We know how to relax away from the hustle and bustle of the city and float down the Huron River.
20. Ann Arbor appeals to everyone: the city lover, college student, nature junkie, beer aficionado, foodie and more.
It’s a gorgeous day in A2… how are you spending it? #sundayfunday #annarbor A photo posted by Jill (@jillsarie) on
*BONUS VIDEO: showing how awesome the energy is when at a game in The Big House*
THE WAVE!!! #THEBIGHOUSE #ANNARBOR #MICHIGAN #XXIIIN #LYFESTYLE #FUCKWITHTHEMOVEMENT A video posted by Clothing And Goods (@_xxiiin_) on
Recommended posts for you: